NOTE: The Choctaw County Jail was permanently closed on July 17, 2019. Choctaw County does not have a jail and all of the inmates are being housed in our neighboring counties jail. Inmates housed in neighboring counties will abide by that particular counties visitation rules.
REJECTION OF INMATE MAIL
MAIL WILL BE REJECTED IF IT IS DETERMINED TO BE DETRIMENTAL TO SECURITY, ORDER, OR HEALTH AND WELL-BEING OF THE INMATE. BELOW IS A LIST OF ITEMS THAT IF RECEIVED IN INMATE MAIL WILL RESULT IN REJECTION.
* DO NOT SEND THIRD PARTY LETTERS: INMATES MAY NOT FORWARD LETTERS TO OTHER INMATES CONFINED AT THIS FACILITY OR OTHER PENAL INSTITUTIONS
* DO NOT SEND PERSONAL CHECKS OR CASH (ONLY MONEY ORDERS MADE PAYABLE TO THE INMATE ARE ACCEPTED THROUGH THE MAIL)
* DO NOT SEND BLANK PAPER OR ENVELOPES
* DO NOT SEND PADDED OR BUBBLED ENVELOPES
* DO NOT PUT PERFUME, POWDER, OR COLOGNE ON LETTERS
* DO NOT SEND MAIL CONTAINING BODY FLUIDS OR HAIR
* DO NOT KISS INMATE CORRESPONDENCE
* DO NOT SEND LETTERS OR CARDS WITH GLUE, TAPE, GLITTER, STICKERS OR LABELS
* DO NOT SEND LETTERS THAT ARE STAINED OR EXTREMELY DIRTY
* DO NOT SEND FOOD ITEMS, GUM, OR FOOD LABELS/WRAPPERS
* DO NOT SEND PHOTOS OF ANY KIND
* DO NOT SEND ANYTHING DEPICTING VIOLENCE, SEX OR GANG AFFILIATION
CHOCTAW COUNTY JAIL
1. You may list two (2) names on your visitation card.
2. Visitation is offered one (1) day a week, WEDNESDAY 1PM-3PM
3. You have one (1) 15-minute visitation period each week. All visitation, with the exception of attorney visits, is non-contact. The people on visitation card should call the jail at 205-457-3937 to make an appointment to visit. Appointment requests are taken Monday thru Tuesday from 8:00 am until 4:00 pm. Appointments for visitation at the jail should be made on Monday or Tuesday the week of visitation.
4. No one under the age of 18 is allowed in the jail.
5. NO CELL PHONES, PURSES OR BAGS ARE ALLOWED DURING VISITATION, please secure these items prior to arriving for your visit. WE ARE NOT responsible for any items left in office while visiting your loved one.
6. Dress code is strictly enforced. Females must be dressed appropriately, or they WILL NOT be allowed to visit. Pants or skirts cannot be above the knee and shirts must cover chest area and have sleeves. Leggings, tank tops, shorts, or any other tight-fitting clothes WILL NOT BE PERMITTED.
FOR SAFETY AND SECURITY OF THE JAIL STAFF AND INMATES, NO ONE WILL BE RELEASED BY BOND BETWEEN THE HOURS OF 4:30 P.M. AND 8:00 A.M.
A bond can be made one of two ways:
1. Cash Bond-Pay the total amount of the bond at the clerk’s office, inside the courthouse. Bring a copy of the receipt to the jail. Bond money will be returned to you after sentencing in the case. (The judge has the right to deduct court cost and fines from bond money).
2. Bail Bondsman-The bonding company must be licensed in Choctaw County.
ALL bonds also require a $35.00 bond-filing fee in the form of a money order. The money order should be made out to the Choctaw County Circuit Clerk. (Neither cash nor personal checks will be accepted).
Bonding agencies licensed in Choctaw County:
• Tri-State Bonding Company
o Jim Hill (205) 457-1371
• J&F Bonding Co. LLC
o Falisha H. Moore (334) 212-9030
• Immediate Release Bail Bonds
o Tammy Rolison Beahles (205) 609-8003
• Anderson Bail Bond
o Jordan Anderson (334) 385-2784